[HSS] Science Policy Symposium, May 1

Alison Hill alhill at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 24 09:24:24 EDT 2010

*
The GSAS Science Policy Club invites you to attend the Science, Technology,
and Policy Crossroads – a student led symposium exploring the intersection
of science, technology and policy.*

*Saturday, May 1, 3 PM, MIT Building 34-101*

   -  Do you think scientists should be more engaged in public policy ?
   -  Are you worried about the miscommunication of science to the public?
   - Are you interested in policy issues directly related to science, like
   nuclear security, alternative energy, climate change,  health reform,
   biotechnology and science education?
   -  Did you ever have the feeling that there are others out there who
   share your interest in science and technology policy, but who you barely and
   only incidentally meet?
   -  Do you believe, like us, that it could be truly beneficial if all the
   different Cambridge communities interested in science and technology policy
   came together and suddenly started talking to each other?
   - Join us for the first *Science, Technology, and Policy Crossroads* – a
   student led symposium exploring the intersection of science, technology and
   policy. We bring together, for the first time, the greater Cambridge
   academic community interested in science and technology policy issues and
   their impact on society. Our goal is to present the different voices and
   perspectives on what it means to do science and technology policy, and to
   strengthen the role and presence of our community in the dense Cambridge
   academic environment

Join us on:*
·         Saturday, May 1st 2010
·         3 pm
·         MIT Building 34-101
*

for an unprecedented community building effort, including:
*
·         A panel of science policy experts
·         Student break-out sessions on different topics
·         Free food & drinks
·         Lots of opportunity for interaction, conversation, and networking*

Register (for free ) at http://stpcrossroads.org/
<http://stpcrossroads.org/%20>
Please forward the attached flyer!
We are looking forward to meeting you as part of a vibrant Cambridge STP
community,

*Harvard GSAS Science Policy Club
MIT Science Policy Initiative
Harvard Society of Scientists
Harvard Kennedy School Program on Science, Technology & Society
Harvard Kennedy School Science Club (sponsored by KSSG)
MIT Technology and Policy Program
MIT Technology and Policy Student Society
MIT TechLink*

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109642289075326
If you are interested in hearing about other science policy related events
at Harvard, join our list serve at
https://lists.hcs.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/societyofscientists