[Premed-talk] Housing Opportunities Program - local microfinance and public service info session!

Gosia Dymerska mdymersk at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 8 15:01:54 EDT 2011

 Interested in non-profit work, law, microfinance, and/or homelessness?

Check out the *Housing Opportunities Program* *info session* this Saturday,
September 10th, *3* *pm*,
in the basement of Grays Hall (look for signs at the entrance)!

The Housing Opportunities Program (HOP) is a nonprofit microfinance
organization committed to **
*preventing homelessness *in the Greater Boston area. Since 1990, HOP
has *prevented
over 150 evictions*
through loans, counseling, and referrals. A PBHA organization, HOP is run
entirely by Harvard undergraduate volunteers.

Our goal is to fight homelessness by preventing people most in danger of
eviction from being evicted in the first place. Our clients live from
paycheck to paycheck, and an unexpected expenditure (i.e. hospital bill,
unemployment, legal fees) is enough to force them to fall behind on rent. As
a lender of last resort, HOP protects these individuals and their families
from losing their homes due to temporary nonpayment of rent.

No experience necessary, no application! Come join us!