[Premed-talk] Discuss Stem Cells and Therapeutics with Professor Lee Rubin!

Janet Song song2013 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:18:53 EST 2011

Do you think stem cells are cool?  Are you interested in how stem cells are
being used to treat disease?

Come hear
"Stem Cells and Therapeutics: Where are we and where do we go from here?”
with
Professor Lee Rubin

When: Tuesday, November 15 at 7:30 PM
Where: Sever 217

(Please RSVP at our facebook
event<https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=288682554499541&context=create#%21/event.php?eid=288682554499541>
)

Professor Rubin is currently Professor of Stem Cell and Regenerative
Biology at Harvard University and Director of Translational Medicine at the
Harvard Stem Cell Institute.  Much of his effort is devoted to identifying
therapeutics for orphan neural disorders such as Spinal Muscular Atrophy
and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, using new kinds of stem cell-based
screens. His lab also explores different chemical biology approaches for
manipulating cell fate. Some of this work has been published recently in
Cell, Cell Stem Cell, Nature Chemical Biology and Science.

Come early for ice cream mochi!

Sponsored by The Harvard Undergraduate Research Journal (THURJ)