[Parentsgroup-list] Link to anti-racist resources for parents, children, and educators

Jones, Shandra shandrajones at g.harvard.edu
Sun Jun 7 08:53:59 EDT 2020

Good morning.  These two announcements related to the Brown Bookshelf were
in our kids' CPS family newsletter. Some good resources listed, so I share
with the parent community:

3. *Recording of KidLit for Black Lives Rally by the Brown Bookshelf*
MLKing School Family Liason sent along an announcement last week about this
event, originally held on Thu June 4 but that reached capacity. There is a
recording which can be viewed on YouTube at https://youtu.be/fElXu_MdRrs

This event featured authors of color addressing recent issues, with a part
of the session geared for children and a second part geared for parents.

4. *Resources for anti-racist education, parenting, and living *can be
found here:
https://thebrownbookshelf.com/2020/06/04/kidlit-rally-4-black-lives-anti-racist-resources-for-children-families-and-educators/
(Also from the Brown Bookshelf)

Shandra M. Jones, MBA, PhD Student
she/her/hers
Harvard Graduate School of Education | Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
shandrajones at g.harvard.edu | 619.600.7610

Editorial Board Officer, Harvard Educational Review
Research Assistant, Adolescent Ethnic-Racial Identity Development (AERID)
Laboratory