[Parentsgroup-list] Tutors wanted for the Cambridge Public Schools!

Analia Ivanier aivanier at cpsd.us
Thu Sep 5 12:26:11 EDT 2019

Good Afternoon,

Do you have one hour a week to help a middle school student in the
Cambridge Public Schools?  If so, Cambridge School Volunteers wants YOU!

Please join our team! Tutors work with 6th, 7th and 8th grade students to
help with homework, provide social-emotional supports and mentoring in
weekly after school Learning Centers.

When and where? Learning Centers meet after school from 3 to 4:15pm on
Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays for one-to-one tutoring at Cambridge
Upper Schools; locations are accessible by public transportation. All
volunteers select which day works best for their schedule.

What supports are offered? Cambridge School Volunteers provides orientation
and training for tutors. CSV staff are present on-site to support
student-tutor pairs during the weekly sessions and are available during the
week for questions and other inquiries about the program.

To take the first step towards making a difference in a student’s life, join
us on September 24, 2019 for our kickoff orientation for new
volunteers: Register
here <https://volunteerincambridge.eventbrite.com/?aff=HTGS>.

If you can’t make it to the orientation but are still interested in
volunteering with us, email Kasey Appleman at kappleman at cpsd.us  You can
learn more at <http://www.csvinc.org/>www.csvinc.org

Thank you,

Analia Ivanier

--
Join us on September 24, 2019 for our kickoff orientation for new volunteers:
Register here <https://volunteerincambridge.eventbrite.com/?aff=HTGS>.

Analía Ivanier
Program Coordinator, Upper Schools.
Cambridge School Volunteers, Inc.