[Parentsgroup-list] Catchball

Balug, Katarzyna kbalug at g.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 13 14:33:28 EDT 2019

Do you want to get active, play a team sport, and meet local moms beyond
the Harvard bubble? Come play catchball with my team, the Camberville
Cannons! We practice weekly on Wednesday nights 8-10pm at the Baldwin
school on Oxford street starting September 11, and have monthly (and
optional) tournaments with other local teams.

Catchball (evolved from Newcomb ball) follows the rules of volleyball, but
instead of hitting, you catch and throw the ball. It's easy to learn the
basics, with plenty of room to perfect your technique.

Our team started last year, so we’re all new to this. All women are
welcome, with or without previous volleyball experience. Most of us
connected through the Moms of Camberville facebook groups. Email me if
you’d like to come try the sport.

Best,
Kate (mom of a toddler)

--
Katarzyna Balug
PhD Candidate in Architecture and Urbanism