[Parentsgroup-list] Tutors wanted for the Cambridge Public Schools!

Vanessa DeNino vanessadeninoaie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:50:17 EST 2018

*Good Afternoon, Do you have one hour a week to help a middle school
student in the Cambridge Public Schools?  If so, Cambridge School
Volunteers wants YOU!Please join our team! Tutors work with 6th, 7th and
8th grade students to help with homework, provide social-emotional supports
and mentoring in weekly after school Learning Centers.When and where?
Learning Centers meet after school from 3 to 4:15pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays
or Thursdays for one-to-one tutoring at Cambridge Upper Schools; locations
are accessible by public transportation. All volunteers select which day
works best for their schedule. What supports are offered? Cambridge School
Volunteers provides orientation and training for tutors. CSV staff are
present on-site to support student-tutor pairs during the weekly sessions
and are available during the week for questions and other inquiries about
the program.To take the first step towards making a difference in a
student’s life, email Kasey Appleman at kappleman at cpsd.us
<kappleman at cpsd.us>. You can learn more at
<http://www.csvinc.org/>www.csvinc.org <http://www.csvinc.org>For more
information, sign up for our workshop, on February 5th, that will focus on
creating productive tutoring relationships with upper (middle) school
students. Registration is through Eventbrite.
<https://tutorincambridge.eventbrite.com>Thank you,*

*Vanessa DeNino *

Harvard Graduate School of Education
Arts in Education '18