[Parentsgroup-list] Home daycare recommendation

Leon Furchtgott leon.furchtgott at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:56:24 EDT 2017

Dear All,

Our daughter's wonderful home daycare run by Judie Jamieson on Dane St in
Somerville has some openings this fall, so I wanted to post here to tell
you all about it.  Our daughter attended it from ages 2-4, but Judie
accepts younger children as well.  It's a particularly warm, friendly, and
inclusive environment, and Judie is affectionate, intelligent, and
energetic.

Judie takes the children outside every day, either to parks in the area or
to play in her spacious back yard, so they get plenty of fresh air and
exercise.  The programming is well thought out so that it's engaging for
the younger children (lots of singing and play time) and educational for
the older children (our daughter learned sight words, the days of the week
and months of the year, etc.).  It strikes the perfect balance between
being structured (circle time, snack time, daily walk, etc.) and flexible
enough so that if an individual child needs attention, they always get
it.  Judie
is also experienced with kids from international backgrounds and
accommodating to kids coming from different languages.

We couldn't have been happier with Judie's daycare for our daughter, and
were really sad when it was time for our daughter to leave this homey and
intelligent environment for Pre-K!  We'd be happy to answer any questions,
or just contact Judie directly at (617) 909-0482 or
wishingonastar610 at comcast.net.

Best,
Leon and Deborah Furchtgott