[Parentsgroup-list] Request to post a notice seeking tutors for the Cambridge Public Schools

Kimberly Goldstein kgoldstein at cpsd.us
Thu Sep 7 14:10:46 EDT 2017

Dear GSAS Student-Parents Group,

I am writing to request a favor. Cambridge School Volunteers is a nonprofit
partner of the Cambridge Public Schools. We are starting up our Learning
Centers in October and are looking for tutors to support middle
schoolers. Would
it be possible for you to include and/or post the notice below on your list
serve? Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you very much.
Best, Kim Goldstein

Do you have one hour a week to help a middle school student in the
Cambridge Public Schools?  If so, Cambridge School Volunteers wants YOU!

Please join our team! Tutors help 6th, 7th and 8th grade students with
homework, support and mentoring in weekly after school Learning Centers.

Learning Centers meet after school from 3 to 4:15pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays
or Thursdays for one-to-one tutoring at the Cambridge Public Schools.

Volunteers choose one day to help. Locations are accessible by public
transportation.

Cambridge School Volunteers provides orientation and training for tutors.
CSV staff are present to support student and tutor pairs in the weekly
sessions.

To take the first step towards making a difference in a student’s life,
email Kasey Appleman at kappleman at cpsd.us.  You can learn more at
<http://www.csvinc.org/>www.csvinc.org

You can also sign up directly at Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/learning-center-volunteer-orientation-registration-36363828189>
for the September 20th orientation.

Thank you so much!

--