[Parentsgroup-list] Looking for nanny

David Romney dromney at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 14 17:44:22 EST 2017

Hi all,

My wife and I are looking for a nanny, and I'm wondering if anyone has any
recommendations—see the job description below.

We are looking for a 3-day-a-week nanny for our 3-year old and 10-month old
girls at our apartment in West Cambridge. The girls are both wonderful and
fun to play with! We keep our house tidy and wouldn't expect cleaning
outside of what is necessary to pick up after the girls, prepare their
meals, etc. We are fairly easygoing and don't have many requirements, but
we want someone who will bring positive energy to the house.

Hours would be M-Tu-W 8am–4:30pm, with possibility for care in the evening
once or twice a month for date nights, so approximately 25–27 hours/week.
Only the 10-month old would need care from 8am to 12:30pm, as our 3-year
old is in the Cambridge preschool program (on days that aren't national
holidays but don't have preschool, you would watch both children in the
morning). Initially I will pick up our oldest and bring her home in the
afternoons for you to watch, but we would probably eventually transition to
having you pick her up at Baldwin school at 12:15pm on preschool days.

We are looking to hire someone in the next two weeks. If you are
interested, please reach out to me: David Romney, david.a.romney at gmail.com,
919-801-6099.

David Romney
PhD Candidate, Department of Government, Harvard University
http://scholar.harvard.edu/dromney