[Parentsgroup-list] sociology interview project

Hummer, Holly hhummer at g.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 26 13:01:48 EST 2017

Hi all,

My name is Holly Hummer and I’m a first year PhD student in sociology here
at Harvard. I’m taking a qualitative research methods course this semester
and am starting to formulate a project on fertility intentions and
parenting among graduate students. I’m also interested in how students’
family-planning decisions might vary by academic discipline.

I thought this group might be a good place to start. This is very short
notice, but I need to complete five preliminary interviews (about 45
minutes each) by next Wednesday, and would love the chance to talk to some
of you. Additionally, if this project continues to go well, I hope to
continue with interviews throughout this semester.

If any of you have interest and free time, please email me and we can
schedule something. I’m happy to meet on campus or elsewhere in the
Cambridge/Somerville area. I know this is a lot to ask, but any help would
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

Holly Hummer