[Parentsgroup-list] Sign up your little ones to participate at the Harvard Lab for Developmental Studies!

Narges Afshordi afshordi at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 24 13:39:55 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm posting to get the word out about the Harvard Lab for Developmental
Studies, where I am a graduate student. Our lab carries out short,
non-intrusive experiments that are designed to be fun activities for babies
and young kids. *Siblings are welcome to come along and play, and there is
also free on-site parking!*

My own 10-month-old has participated in several studies already, and I'm
happy to answer any questions you may have. Here's some more info about us:

Our studies explore such topics as infants’ and children’s basic
understanding of the physical world, how they understand numerical and
geometric concepts, and how they interact socially with other people. We
have found that babies and young children may know a lot more than people
used to believe.

We are looking for families with children from 2 months to 10 years.
Studies last around 10-30 minutes and parents will receive information
about the goals of the study their child is participating in, as well as a
yearly newsletter outlining any results. Parents can come in just once, but
we often find that parents come in time and again to participate in many
fun studies.

We are conveniently located on the Harvard main campus (on the red line:
Harvard) and provide free parking for the duration of the study. There’s no
cost to participate; in fact, for coming in we will give parents a $5
travel reimbursement as well as a small toy for your child.

You can find out more info here:
https://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/lds/parents/

You can sign up here: http://form.jotform.com/form/2222654796

Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon!

Narges (mt Sara, 10m, who likes avocados and participating in experiments)