[Parentsgroup-list] health insurance

McCabe, Collin mccabe at g.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 17 09:32:19 EDT 2016

Hi Katie,

Having just had a baby about 6 months ago out-of-state with the the little
one being on my HUHS insurance as a dependent, here's our experience: Well
baby visits within network (BCBS) are covered- I think they've been free,
but am not 100% on this (I'll send you an email when I double check), if
not free, they've been $35.  All scheduled vaccines (aside from the autism
vaccine) are covered in full as part of the well baby visits (and in my
cases these have all been at non-HUHS providers).  So no, I haven't had to
pay for any vaccines (yay, insurance!) and my baby has not died of any
vaccine preventable diseases (yay, science!)

Hope this helps,
Collin

[brevity and/or typos courtesy of my phone]