[Parentsgroup-list] health insurance

Katie Ericksen Baca kbaca at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 17 09:18:37 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Can someone quickly explain how the Harvard health insurance dependent
coverage for babies works? I'm particularly curious about coverage for
vaccines. Based on the link below, it looks like vaccines would *not* be
covered at all if you got them at a non-HUHS provider, even if that
provider was in-network. Is that correct? Also, am I right in thinking that
routine pediatric visits are entirely free if you get them at HUHS but have
a $35 copay if you go somewhere else in-network?

http://hushp.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/downloadable_files/%20Benefits%20Summary.pdf

I'm hoping someone out there finds these health insurance documents easier
to parse than I do!!

Thanks,
katie