[Parentsgroup-list] Seeking Feedback

David Romney dromney at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 25 08:04:43 EST 2016

Hi all,

Our first student parents meeting took place recently, and it was a
productive meeting—thank you to those who attended!

However, as we plan for our group's activities in the future, we want
feedback from the listserv as a whole. Specifically, we would love to
receive your feedback on two questions:

(1) What services would you be interested in this organization providing,
other than just a listserv?

(2) In your opinion, what student-parent interests are most important for
us to advocate for?

If you have feedback, please send it to dromney at fas.harvard.edu, not the
listserv.

Given the recent positive improvements to GSAS's parental leave policy (in
case you missed it, here is the official announcement:
https://www.gsas.harvard.edu/student_affairs/parental_benefit_for_graduate_students.php),
now is a good time to approach the administration about other issues we can
advocate for. At our recent meeting, we discussed childcare, dependent
healthcare, and subsidized family housing as the main issues we could bring
up, but we are interested to see what other ideas listserv members have.

Hope everyone is having a great semester, and we look forward to receiving
your feedback!

Ana Catalano Weeks
David Romney
Co-chairs, GSAS Student-Parents Organization
http://handbook.gsas.harvard.edu/gsas-student-parents-organization