[Parentsgroup-list] Reminder: Meeting tomorrow, Feb 9, 4pm

Ana Catalano Weeks ana.c.weeks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:00:00 EST 2016

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder about the open meeting of the GSAS Student-Parents
Organization t*omorrow, Feb 9, at 4pm in CGIS South 030*. For now we are
planning to go ahead, but if weather ends up causing problems we'll email
with a rescheduled date.

Map here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cgis+South,+1730+Cambridge+St,+Cambridge,+MA+02138/@42.3750265,-71.1153253,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89e37744397bb925:0xcf4f795206016674

We'll have light refreshments for adults and kiddos. Please come by if you
are interested in learning more about the group and having a say in
student-parent issues!

Best,

Ana and David

_______________________________

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the intro, Liza, and for all your hard work for the
GSAS Student-Parents Organization over the years! David and I are very
much looking forward to leading the group this year and hopefully
getting to know you all a little bit.

To kick off the year, we would like to invite you all to an open
meeting of the GSAS Student-Parents Organization on *February 9 at 4pm
*(CGIS South, Room 030 -- map below).

The purpose of the meeting is both to give student-parents a chance to
get to know each other a little bit, and to discuss how this group
might do more in terms of helping student-parents at Harvard. Up until
now, the group has mostly been a listserv, which has been great for
sharing information and resources. This year, we are thinking about
focusing more on advocating for policy changes to improve the lives of
graduate students parents. We would like to open up a conversation
about current student-parent needs and strategies for lobbying /
working with administration. Thanks to those who already responded on
this point -- we'd love to talk about this more at the meeting! Some
of the advocacy issues that we have been discussing so far include
increasing the parental leave period, child care subsidies, and
reducing dependent healthcare costs.

Please come by if you'd like to meet other student-parents, and are
interested in having a say on these issues. Feel free to forward this
email widely. Children are very welcome, and the room we are meeting
in has some space for kids to run around. Light refreshments will be
provided. We hope to see you there!

Best,

Ana Catalano Weeks
David Romney
Co-chairs, GSAS Student-Parents Organization
http://handbook.gsas.harvard.edu/gsas-student-parents-organization

Map of CGIS South: