[Parentsgroup-list] Advice on Buying Property

Suvi Stenback suvi at doctors.org.uk
Sun May 25 04:16:06 EDT 2014

Dear All,

I would like some advice on costs of buying/selling
property in Boston (Brookline). Our family will be moving
to Brookline at the end of the year for a few years and
are weighing the options between renting and buying a
property.
Does anyone know how much are the legal or estate fees
(percetages I assume) are? In UK, you always need a
solicitor (a lawyer) to deal with all sales whether
selling or buying, but I am not sure if this is the case
in the US.
Can anyone advice?

Many Thanks,

Suvi