[Parentsgroup-list] Occasional childcare

Truesdale, Beth truesdal at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 23 14:38:39 EST 2014

Lisa,

We've had pretty good luck with getting sitters through the Harvard Watch portal (watch.harvard.edu).  You can post jobs and let Harvard students respond, or search through a database of interested sitters and contact those who appeal to you.

We have had some really nice Harvard students as sitters that we found through the portal.  Having student sitters on an ad-hoc basis often works particularly well at the start of semesters.  It tends to work less well during school breaks or as exam time approaches and everybody gets busy.

Beth

Subject: [Parentsgroup-list] Looking for an Occasional Childcare
        Center or       Childcare Provider

Hi there,

I am moving to the Harvard area, and I am looking for suggestions on occasional
childcare for my 5 year old.  I'd be more than happy to swap some hours with
other parents.

Feel free to contact me at: lisamiller at fas.harvard.edu

Thanks so much,
Lisa

End of Parentsgroup-list Digest, Vol 1079, Issue 1