[Parentsgroup-list] Choosing a health plan for spouse and children (J visa)-please advise

Selma Gicevic selma.gicevic at gmail.com
Tue May 14 09:52:58 EDT 2013

Dear Parents,

apologies for writing again with my list of questions, but this one is
particularly important, confusing and...expensive :(

Please -
1)which health plan/insurance company have you chosen for your family?
 2) School offered plan (in our case at least) is really costly, however
HIO recommends alternative options. I got in touch with Compass Group and
received a quote - 3,080 USD for 2 adults and 2 children for a year. This
is much cheaper and I cannot but to worry whether there is a catch.  Anyone
has experience with them/Seven Corners?
3) Any advice on what type of services should I make sure are covered for
small children (otherwise healthy)?
I am completely ignorant in the field as in Europe someone else makes this
package for you, and international students are covered automatically.

Thank you. I hope not to bother again soon

Best to all,
Selma