[Parentsgroup-list] Oxford Street Daycare Cooperative

Chathaya Wongrathanandha chathaya6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:49:21 EST 2013

Dear Parents,

I hope you are well. I would like to ask you about Oxford Street Daycare Cooperative. Is there any one of you currently enroll in their program? Not because I'm going to put my son in there but because of I would like to have a conversation with you.

My name is Chathaya, a master degree student at Harvard School of Public Health. I came here last August with my son and my sister, who helps me with taking care of my son. I cannot afford the daycare price, as it is as expensive as renting another one-bedroom apartment, so I struggled a lot until I came. I remembered emailing to this group to ask about housing, visa, etc. Thank you for your support which contributed to my capability of coming here at last. I wondered why there was no student support for childcare but I know that staffs will get discounts from Harvard-affiliated childcare center (I'm looking for more information about that). I'm working on a project to organize an affordable child care for students and staffs at my school and a cooperative daycare would be a good alternative to make this happens. So... I would like to have a 10-to-15-minute conversation with you to talk to you more about how you feel about this kind of daycare. Why do you choose this instead of something else, etc.? I know that we're all busy, especially this time of the year. I would appreciate your time.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Chathaya