[Parentsgroup-list] Excellent family daycare with available slots!

Amélie de Montchalin amelie.de.montchalin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:07:58 EDT 2012

Dear Parents,

I am writing to let you know that my daughter's family daycare will have
several empty slots in the coming weeks as some parents are going back to
Europe after Christmas.

 The daycare is run by a phenomenal woman called Judie Jamieson, and she,
and her team have made our experience great so far! The greatest advantage
for me (who is currently a graduate student at the Kennedy School) is that
she is EXTREMELY flexible, and you only pay for the days when your child
actually shows up, not for a month or even a week in advance. She can also
do hourly rates if your child will not be there for the whole day.

More importantly, the kids are super happy there and barely say “bye bye”
to mums and dads in the morning. There is a big garden outside the house
where the children spend time when the weather allows it and they do lots
of painting, manual activities, songs… Most of the children are currently
10 to 30 months, and are all from different countries, which helped a lot
the integration process of our 16-month old French-speaking daughter. Judie
and her team are indeed used to welcome non-American children and help them
play and grow even though they do not speak English yet!

Judie's house (the daycare) is technically in Somerville, but she is on
Dane street, so literally the first block out of Cambridge, and very close
to Holden Green and Kirkland Street (there is a stop for the bus 86 to
Harvard Square at 50m of her home) . You may email her directly at
wishingonastar610 at comcast.net or call/text her on (617) 909 0482.

Have a great stormy day!

Amélie

Amélie de Montchalin
*Harvard Kennedy School MPA Candidate 2014*
+ 1 617 417 4625