[Parentsgroup-list] Caring, responsible full-time nanny wanted

Kimberly Bertrand kbertran at hsph.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 28 12:22:25 EST 2012

My husband and I are looking for a full-time nanny/babysitter to care for
our 7-month old daughter in our home. Ideally, the hours will be Monday
through Friday 8:30 am - 5:45 pm.

We are looking for a caring nanny with previous experience caring for
infants and who is reliable, mature, responsible, trustworthy, energetic
and will interact and play with our daughter. She is a quiet, happy baby
who smiles a lot and likes to be held. We expect our nanny to provide a
safe and nurturing environment for our baby that is also stimulating and
fun. Responsibilities include:

   - Giving lots of love and cuddles
   - Bottle feeding and first foods
   - Frequent diaper changes
   - Helping baby fall asleep for naps
   - Playing and reading books
   - Taking baby for stroller walks around the neighborhood
   - Willingness to do light chores (e.g., dishes, laundry) during nap-time
   is a plus

We also have an easygoing 3.5-year old son who attends preschool but may
require occasional care, to be negotiated.

This is a live-out position. We live in Brighton very close to Brookline in
the Cleveland Circle/Washington Square neighborhood, accessible by T (the
B-line is 2 minutes away, the C-line is 6 minutes and the D-line is 10
minutes). We’d prefer to hire someone who lives close by.

If you are interested in learning more about the position or know someone
who is, please email me at kimberly.bertrand at gmail.com. Non-smokers only,
please. In your email, please tell me about your previous experience caring
for infants as well as your expected rate, availability and phone number.
If it seems like a good fit, I will call you (and later request references).