[Parentsgroup-list] Cambridge Housing and Child Care Recommendations in Parentsgroup-list Digest, Vol 923, Issue 1

Melissa Valentine melissa.a.valentine at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:55:22 EDT 2012

Hi Edith, (and replying-all because others have posted about childcare on
this list),

Our current P/T nanny Sarah will become available in late August or Sept
2012 and is currently looking for a new family to work with.  I hired her
after interviewing 20+ people from sittercity.com and I now can not imagine
life without her.  Two stories to illustrate what a gem this babysitter is
-

1) In the mornings when Sarah is coming, my daughter stands at the window
laughing and smiling and wiggling in anticipation of Sarah's arrival.  I
feel like I am giving her a treat every day that she gets to play with
Sarah.  They play all day long - chase, horsie, crafts, books, etc.  They
go out on adventures and they play at home.  Sarah is so fun!

2) The other day when I was changing my daughter's diaper, she started
counting to 10.  I called my husband in, "Did you teach her this?"  He was
equally astonished...  it was Sarah!  She taught my 19-month old daughter
to count to 10!   Now they're working on 20's and ABCs.

I can't recommend Sarah strongly enough.  She has made us and our daughter
so happy.  She is a one in a million babysitter who stays active,
energetic, engaged, happy, and SO SO FUN!

She is an honors student at UMass, starting her senior year.  She's looking
for 3 days a week, something like 8:30 - 3:30, (maybe more maybe less).
 She has experience with multiples and nanny shares.  She charges b/w
$18-25 depending on # of kids and ages.

Please feel free ask me for more info or to contact her directly at
vallarelli.8 at gmail.com - she is actively searching for a job to start at
the end of the summer.

Good luck!
Melissa