[Parentsgroup-list] Spot available in nanny-share

Emily S Lin eslin at post.harvard.edu
Wed May 2 12:24:35 EDT 2012

Hi all-

Some friends of ours have a spot available in a nanny-share near Porter
Square with a 1.5 year old boy. We have been sharing with them since
January and are sad to be leaving both the family and our wonderful,
creative nanny.

Currently, our nanny works about 30 hours a week, with most of those hours
shared between our two boys, but some with one boy or the other, solo. She
has been very flexible with our shifting work schedules (among the four
parents, we have a Harvard staff member, a grad student, a work-from-home
graphic designer, and a start-up entrepreneur). She has experience caring
for different age-combinations of children, including a newborn and toddler
as well as two toddlers. She takes the boys for walks, plays with them in
the park and at home, and is always up for art and exploration projects
(she is an artist, herself). She also is willing to take on the occasional
date night, which is great for everyone. :)

The other family is responsible and responsive, generous, great at
communication about fun things as well as logistical things, good with
joint problem-solving, have a good (for us, anyway) balance between being
laid-back and being on top of things, and most importantly, have raised a
sweet, curious, and bright little boy whom our son has adored playing with
(and stealing trucks from, occasionally).

They are looking for another family with a similarly-aged child who lives
nearby but are flexible if the right fit comes up.

If you are interested, please contact the other family directly at
michael.nathanson at gmail.com. You can also feel free to contact me with any
questions you may have.

Good luck!

Emily