[Parentsgroup-list] Pre-school and toddler programme near Longwood

Ian Stokes-Rees ijstokes at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 14 20:10:13 EDT 2012

That sounds like a great pre-school.

While the list is discussing pre-school opportunities in the
Longwood/Brookline area, I thought I'd mention "University Road
Pre-School" which is near Washington Square (Beacon and Washington, in
Brookline).  Both my daughters spent 2 years there and it has been one
of the best parts of being in Boston for our family.  The woman who runs
it (for over 20 years, I believe) is professional and caring, and
creates an amazing learning and growing environment for the 9 kids she
admits (this coming September, in coming children need to be between
2y7m and 3y11m on arrival).

They only accept one class every other year, and it is structured very
much as a pre-school and not day-care program, meaning they follow the
school calendar.  We adjusted our schedules and got a part-time nanny
(afternoons) so our children could attend.  If you or your friends have
young children in the Brookline area, I would highly recommend you speak
with Joanne Hults <jlw58 at cornell.edu> for more information, or feel free
to contact me off list.

Regards,

Ian