[Parentsgroup-list] Free estate planning class (how to create a last will)

Huang, Yi-An yhuang at mba2013.hbs.edu
Tue Jul 3 15:29:43 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm working at a startup (lexspot.com<http://lexspot.com/>) that is holding a free class on estate planning on Wednesday, July 11 from 6:30-7:30pm at Harvard Business School (125 Western Ave., Allston).  Less than 50% of Americans have a will, and the class will cover why this is important and how to create a will.

We're starting to think about longer term planning now that our son is almost a year old, and anybody is welcome to join!

More information below and signup is here: http://bit.ly/EstatePlanningClass

If you have any questions, you can also email me!

Thanks!

Yi-An

About this Class
Nobody likes thinking about sad possibilities.  But if something unfortunate were to happen to you, is it clear what would happen to your family?

Less than 50% of Americans have an estate plan (more commonly referred to as a "will").  It's a common misconception that only the rich need a will.  We will all pass on, and the reality is WE want to decide what will happen to our assets, our family, and our children.  And if we don't have a legal will, we won't be deciding.  It will be the government, or a judge, or a lawyer, applying a one-size-fits-all rule  or guessing at what our unknown intentions might have been.  In the end, a will is a "need to do," not a "nice to do."

This free session is hosted by two of the country's top estate planning experts.  They will walk you through the basic why's and how's of setting up a proper will.  It's the kind of advice that would ordinarily cost you hundreds, in a open environment where you can ask questions and receive answers.  Join us in investing in clarity and peace for your family's future.

Yi-An Huang
Harvard | Business | School
MBA Candidate, Class of 2013
yhuang at mba2013.hbs.edu |617.529.9616