[Parentsgroup-list] Pediatrics: Get Over Your ‘Fever Phobia’

Alison Denton Jones adjones at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 1 13:42:27 EST 2011

Hi fellow parents,

I don't know if your kid(s) have been sick as much this winter as mine,
but you might find this post about a new study on dealing with fevers in
kids interesting. My favorite part of the article is this quote:

"Dr. William Coleman, chair of the American Academy of Pediatrics’
committee on psychosocial aspects of child and family health, said that
“feverphobic” parents should keep in mind that “it is the natural state
of the child to be ill with minor acute illnesses.” "

http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2011/02/pediatrics-fever-phobia/

best,
alison

Alison Denton Jones	adjones at fas.harvard.edu