[Parentsgroup-list] Stroller fitness class at the MAC

Erica Litke egl278 at mail.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 8 12:40:14 EDT 2011

Hi parents,

I am home with my newborn for the summer and was excited to see that Harvard
recreation was offering a stroller fitness class this summer that will meet
on Mondays from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m starting next week.  I have heard good
things about the instructor and since you can bring the baby with you, it
works out well.  Sadly, as of today, I'm the only one signed up so they may
cancel the class.  As a last ditch effort to get the word out (I don't think
they do much publicizing), I figured I'd share with the list.  The cost of
the class for students is $40 and it meets 6 times. I know how hard it is to
work out when you have a baby at home and thought other moms might be
interested. I have posted the information below.  If you are interested,
please contact them directly asap.

Thanks!
Erica Litke
Doctoral Candidate, HGSE
egl278 at mail.harvard.edu

*Register here for Summer Strolling Fit Mamas:*
 <http://www.events.harvard.edu/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x571532198>When
you become a mom, your whole life revolves around your baby/child.
Your
baby is a wonderful addition to your life, but wouldn’t it be great if you
could start getting back into shape while keeping your baby with you the
whole time? This class is for you! All you need is a stroller that is
sturdy, clothing that you can easily move around in, and water. Moms will be
issued their own toys such as exercise, tubing, weights, balls, etc.
Exercises will be done while strolling the baby and some will be done while
the baby is facing mom. This workout is suitable for any fitness level, and
will include interval training, low impact aerobics, power walking and
weight training. It’s the perfect time of year so get out and get strolling!

*Dates: Mondays, June 14th – July 25th NO CLASS July 4th*
*Time: 1:00-1:55pm                                                *
*Instructor: Kate Doherty*
*Location: Meet at the MAC lobby*