[Parentsgroup-list] Wonderful and experienced babysitter/nanny recommendation!

Debra Caplan caplan at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 17 14:14:54 EST 2011

Hi Parents!

Our wonderful babysitter, Alexandra Daves, is looking for additional
nannying and babysitting opportunities. She has a background in Child
Development and is experienced working with infants, toddlers, and children
of all ages. She has her own transportation, and is currently available all
day Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and is interested in regular
nannying as well as occasional babysitting. Alex is extremely responsible
and reliable, and great with kids - our 8 month old adores her. She's a
favorite babysitter, and I highly recommend her!

A letter of introduction from Alex is below. If you're interested in having
Alex babysit or nanny for you, you can reach her at 617-285-1161 or at
alexandra.daves at gmail.com.

Debra

Hello!

I would love to be your nanny or babysitter! I have had a lot of experience
with children. Right now I am an assistant Fridays at a home daycare with 9
children under 3, so I have experience with taking care of more than one
child at once. I recently moved to Boston from Seattle where I worked for 3
years as a Circus Arts instructor (trapeze, juggling, tumbling etc) for kids
ages 2 through 18. In Seattle, I also nannied for a little girl from when
she was 7 months up until I moved when she was 19 months. On top of
assisting at the daycare I currently babysit on Mondays for a 8 month old
boy in Arlington.

I am a very responsible caretaker and I am in the process of being licensed
by the Department of Early Education and Care. Additionally, I have a BA in
psychology from Oberlin College where I studied Childhood Development. I
also studied Spanish in high school and have since been to Nicaragua,
Ecuador and Spain. I know the Boston area well because I grew up in
Brookline and I also have my own car!

I know I would be a great nanny/babysitter for your kids because I am
organized, athletic, smart and would love to take your kids to awesome kid
friendly activities.

Sincerely,
Alexandra Daves
617-285-1161

---

Debra Caplan
PhD Candidate, Dept. of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
Assistant Director, Mellon School of Theater and Performance
Research<http://thschool.fas.harvard.edu>
Harvard University
caplan at fas.harvard.edu