[Parentsgroup-list] eye care?

Kira Petersen kpeters at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 16 09:39:30 EST 2011

I was also not thrilled with the care I received at UHS. I have better
experiences at Eye Q Optical - they have an optometrist and very good
service (their glasses are not the cheapest, but they have nice ones). For a
good deal on glasses and friendly services try 241 on Mas Ave. See is also a
good (but pricier) option.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Andrea Heberlein <heberlein at wjh.harvard.edu
> wrote:

> I've been happy with the care I've received at Custom Eyes in Central
> Sq (on Prospect just north of Mass Ave).  Been going there for years
> and have gotten several sets of contact lenses (2-to-3-week
> disposables) as well as a pair of glasses from them.  Friendly and
> competent, plus they inform you of rebates on contact lenses to reduce
> the cost.
>
> Andrea
>

> On Feb 15, 2011, at 10:51 PM, spsuch wrote:
>
> > Please reply to the list. I've had the same experience with both of
> > the optometrists. Thanks!
> >
> > Sara
> >

> > On Feb 15, 2011, at 10:48 PM, Manjari Chatterjee Miller wrote:
> >
> >> I'm very dissatisfied with my eye care at UHS: I find the contact
> >> lenses they order to be uncomfortable and ridiculously expensive
> >> ($156 for a box of 6 for one eye), the lady at the glasses shop very
> >> unfriendly, and their optometrists condescending. My experience with
> >> eye care in the US has unfortunately never extended beyond UHS. Can
> >> anyone tell me if this is the general state of affairs in the
> >> industry and I need to suck it up or is there a better alternative
> >> in the Cambridge area? or maybe even online?
> >>
> >> Thank you so much!
> >> Manjari

Kira Petersen
Ph.D.Candidate
Department of Government
Harvard University
kpeters at fas.harvard.edu

"It'd be a shame to stop now that I've started to make really good
mistakes..."
- Sara Bareilles