[Parentsgroup-list] eye care?

Manjari Chatterjee Miller mchatter at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 15 22:48:18 EST 2011

I'm very dissatisfied with my eye care at UHS: I find the contact lenses
they order to be uncomfortable and ridiculously expensive ($156 for a box of
6 for one eye), the lady at the glasses shop very unfriendly, and their
optometrists condescending. My experience with eye care in the US has
unfortunately never extended beyond UHS. Can anyone tell me if this is the
general state of affairs in the industry and I need to suck it up or is
there a better alternative in the Cambridge area? or maybe even online?

Thank you so much!
Manjari