[Parentsgroup-list] Babies, travelling, and car seats

Alison Denton Jones adjones at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 11 14:12:23 EST 2011

Hi Beth,

It is legal to have a baby in your arms in a cab. If you won't be
traveling by cab that much, have enough adult hands to hold the toddler
and manage everything else, and feel comfortable with it, you can just
go without a car seat. On a trip last fall I held my daughter in my arms
twice (to and from airport).

There are cab companies that provide car seats, but you generally end up
paying more and obviously have to arrange the cab ahead of time. I
haven't tried this.

DC also has a very good public transit system (it's where I grew up).

good luck,
alison

On 2/11/2011 12:14 PM, parentsgroup-list-request at lists.hcs.harvard.edu

Alison Denton Jones	adjones at fas.harvard.edu