[Parentsgroup-list] Harvard Parents Group_Welcome

Praveen Arany praveenarany at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:38:39 EDT 2011

Hi All,
Welcome to all new members!

We are currently a 540 members strong Harvard-wide (all schools,
although initially began as a GSAS group). We had a poll last year on
parental needs that was forwarded to the university administrators who
have acknowledged the issues-concerns raised.

There are usually a couple of GSC and Dudley centered events, that are
especially kids-friendly, that we encourage members to participate in.
(www.dudley.harvard.edu)

The Harvard Student's Spouses and Partners Association (HSPA) also
organizes family & kids-friendly events that are another great resources
for parents. (http://www.hsspa.harvard.edu/)

The Harvard Outings and Innings is another resource for museums,
amusement parks and other activities.
(http://www.employment.harvard.edu/benefits/perks/id.shtml)

Praveen Arany, G6 and Debra Caplan G6
Co-Chairs,
Harvard Parents Group.

/*IMPORTANT:*/ This would be a good time to reiterate our request
for_new list administrator(s)_. As both of us are in thesis wrap up
mode, we will no longer be able to commit to the list upkeep beyond this
fall. We request one (or more) enthusiastic volunteers to lead the group
and help with list management. This would be a great time to overlap our
responsibilities with the new administrator(s). All of us have benefited
from this lively resource. In the event of no volunteers, it would be
really sad if the list will need to be discontinued.