[Parentsgroup-list] Soldiers Field Park Infant Opening

Lukens, Amanda Kathleen amanda_lukens at student.hms.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 29 09:22:00 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm piggy-backing on Kristina's post in case anyone is looking for a young infant daycare slot.  The Soldiers Field Park Center (located on the HBS campus) also has a spot open in their Infant 1 room -- the ~0-8mo crowd :>  As with Peabody Terrace, an opening is a very rare occurrence.

We lucked out and got a spot in Infant 1 this summer when our other daycare plans fell through.  At the recommendation of parents on this list, we jumped at the chance to enroll our daughter at SFPCC, and have been absolutely thrilled with our experience.  It was a stressful few days when our previous plans fell through, but when we visited SFPCC we came to realize that it was a blessing in disguise.  In addition to fantastic staff and programs, a couple of bonuses for us are that 1) SFPCC has a full kitchen and cook on staff, so lunch and snacks are included in enrollment and 2) they provide disposable diapers (and if we provide the gear, they were also willing to accommodate cloth diapers).  Perhaps not deal makers/breakers, but I have to admit it is nice to have one less thing to think about when getting out the door (or at least it will be when our daughter is old enough to be eating solids) :>

Here's their contact info:
Soldiers Field Park Children’s Center
One Soldiers Field Park
Box 101
Boston, MA 02163
617-495-2680
sfpcc at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:sfpcc at fas.harvard.edu>

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~sfpcc/index.htm

I am also happy to share our experiences if anyone has specific questions.

All the best,

Amanda

(mt Shoshanna, 4 months and loving her home away from home at SFPCC)