[Parentsgroup-list] childcare

mahtab9 at aol.com mahtab9 at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 07:01:17 EST 2010

thank you for your feedback.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Velez <svelez at fas.harvard.edu>
To: mahtab9 at aol.com
Cc: parentsgroup-list at lists.hcs.harvard.edu
Sent: Mon, Nov 8, 2010 9:26 pm
Subject: Re: [Parentsgroup-list] childcare

Following up on Ian's reply, I think you have to be realistic here. You are asking for a college-educated health-conscious creative non-smoker who is CPR/FirstAid-certified, better if she is Farsi-speaking person who knows about child development, goes to your house, knows Cambridge, brings references and fits your family. And that for 6 hours a week. If she has to be 'flexible' with her time, that means she can't take other steady work which might make her 'unflexible'. I have a babysitter that does not qualify for 1/2 of those standards, and consider myself lucky.

Just a thought.