[Parentsgroup-list] childcare

mahtab9 at aol.com mahtab9 at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 13:50:17 EST 2010

I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for a baby sitter or a home day care that is flexible and open to 6 hours of care a week.   I am looking for a care provider for our 16 month old daughter for 3 hours, 2 days a week, from 2:30 -5:30pm.

What are we looking for:
 We need someone who is experienced and comfortable with taking care of a toddler.   Our ideal match is a care provider who has a sincere love of children, is energetic and active, who will take our daughter out to the library, playgrounds, and play dates and provide opportunities for her to socialize with other toddlers.   While at home, we would like her to use books, crafts, music and other activities to engage our daughter.  We are new to the area, so someone familiar with activities for kids in Cambridge would be great.  We would like the person to come to our home.
Additional qualification:
· Caring, responsible, energetic and creative
· reliable and punctual
· Health conscious, non-smoker
· Certified in Infant/Child CPR and First Aid (we may be able to assist with the cost of certification if needed)
· Definite plus is to have someone who has knowledge the developmental stages of children of this age.
· College Education or equivalent in life experiences
· Ability to speak Farsi is a big plus as we are a bi-lingual, and bi-cultural  family, but not a requirement.
· References required

We are open to nanny share or a mom who has a little one close to our daughter's age and is looking to take care of another; however, first and foremost, we wish to find someone who is a good fit for our family.

 If you have any suggestions and/or interested, please contact me at mahtab9 at aol.com

thanks in advance