[Parentsgroup-list] recommendations for swimming lessons for toddlers (Marcelle Dougan)

Lindsay Page lpage at fas.harvard.edu
Mon May 24 10:17:10 EDT 2010

Hi everyone -

We have done parent-tot swim classes both at Boston University and at the
Cambridge War Memorial pool.  The BU classes were more interesting, varied,
and skill-oriented but the Cambridge classes were certainly fun and very
convenient for us, as we live around Harvard Square.  Both were reasonably
priced.  I'm not sure what summer season schedules are like, but both are
available online, I'm sure.

If you have access to the Malkin Athletic Center, it's also possible to swim
with your child in the mornings - the MAC has a large pool for lap swimming
and a smaller pool that is great for swimming with your child.  For older
children, I think that private swim lessons may be available with
instructors at the MAC.

Lindsay