[Parentsgroup-list] Afterschool Pickup/Babysitting Job

Rud, Debrah Shurman debrah_rud at student.hms.harvard.edu
Mon May 3 13:01:04 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am looking for some afterschool (5:30pm) help everyday, as I am graduating and starting a new job downtown.

I'm looking for someone to pickup my son (5 years old) from afterschool every day and take him home.  It is a 5:30pm pickup between Harvard and Porter Square (near Lesley University) and then a drive to my house near Central Square, using my car if necessary.  Ideally I'd like someone to do it everyday starting July 19th into the school year (with a week break August 27-September 7).

Some nights I would want the babysitter to stay and do some babysitting as well. Most nights (3-4 nights a week) I would meet the babysitter at my house around 6:15pm, other nights (1-2 nights a week) I would work late or go to the gym and get home around his bed time (8:30pm) or occasionally stay out a little later if it was a social occasion.  On these nights responsibilities would include cooking dinner, bathing him, and putting him to bed if I was out past bedtime.

The pay is $85 a week for the afterschool pickup job (basically $17 per pick up) and then of course more for babysitting at an hourly rate on nights when he/she could stay and watch him for a few hours, so it would probably work out to about $400-650 per month, depending on the number of hours spent babysitting after pick up.  Ideally, I would leave my car near either the Central or Harvard Square T station or near Trader Joe's on Memorial Drive (just over the BU bridge where the 47 drops off) or alternatively I could leave it in Porter Square near the afterschool location if that was significantly more convenient for the babysitter.

Feel free to contact me via email or phone if you or someone you know is interested.  Must have a valid driver's license, a good driving record, and experience looking after children.

Thanks!
Debrah
617-905-2591