[Parentsgroup-list] parks etc.

Susannah Rose rose at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 22 09:47:42 EDT 2010

Maryann,
I have seen many people host parties at public parks for their young children --
given that we all live in such small apartments, this is really one of the only
low-cost options available.

To my knowledge, people usually just arrive early to the park, secure a couple
tables, and set-up their food, etc. I am not aware of ways to reserve tables at
the children's parks in Cambridge.

One thing I do have to say about this, however, is that there are often children
at the park who are not part of the party. And, young children often do not
understand why they do not get a piece of cake, snacks, etc. Therefore, you
might want to a) choose a time where few other people will be using the park,
and b) bring extra food for other children (as long as the their parents
consent to giving them food).

The Natural History Museum at Harvard might still rent out rooms for children's
parties. I am sure that other people have other ideas?

Other options seemed pricey that last time I checked (the Boston Aquarium,
Chucky Cheese).
Best,
Susannah