[Parentsgroup-list] Day care contracts

Susannah Rose rose at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 15 11:59:10 EDT 2010

Estel,
It might be possible, but if you signed a contract committing you to for a year,
then you might be stuck with it, unless the Director of the daycare releases you
from the contract. Therefore, this is something that you likely want to address
directly with the Director of the daycare.

I know many people who have left before fulfilling the year, but I believe that
the center was able to find a child to replace the leaving child so that the
daycare did not loose any money.

Given that day cares create budgets, the loss of tuition can sometimes be
challenging, so finding a replacement is something necessary, I imagine.

Hope this helps.
Best,
Susannah