[Parentsgroup-list] I need your input

Susannah Rose rose at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 9 16:52:05 EST 2010

Hello Fellow Grad Student Parents,
As many of you may have noticed, there has been some publicity lately about the
termination of the Doctoral Student Pilot Child Care Scholarship Program. And,
I would like to get some ideas on what you all, as grad student parents, want
to do about this. There are several possibilities, and I would like your input.

To avoid flooding your inboxes, please answer to me directly
(rose at fas.harvard.edu), and I will compile all the ideas and them email them to
the group for further input.

Furthermore, I could really use some help -- either to draft a letter, plan a
meeting or event, conduct some research, or help in some other way. Please let
me know if you would like to help.

Personally, I think that the news the the termination of the Pilot Program,
although disappointing, might be an opportunity to work with the administration
to create a new, revised program that might serve PhD Student Parents even
better. I am remaining optimistic!

I look forward to reading your comments.
Best,
Susannah
Susannah Rose, Chair, GSAS Grad Student Parents' Group