[Parentsgroup-list] pediatrician recommendations

Eunha Chang eunha.chang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:44:16 EST 2010

I just have to second Benedicte's recommendation on Dr. Dorrell. She is
always very careful and accurate--meaning when she diagnoses, she considers
all the possibilities that a symptom can have. For example, I just talked to
her about my son's( 5yr) stomachache. She gave all the details of possible
cause, treatment, food cautions...etc. , and then she called me back again
two minutes later for a possibility of appendicitis and instructed me on how
to do a simple self-test.  My son also had several cases of pneumonia over
the two years, and it was always her who listened to his lung for more than
five minutes, suggested taking X rays and diagnosed him with pneumonia, when
other doctors all said it was just a common cold.  My second boy has
allergy, eczema, and asthma, and she remembers every little details and
follow them up.  She is just wonderful !

Best,
Eun Ha

2010/3/2 Bénédicte Charles <benedictecharles at free.fr>

> Dr Michelle Dorrell takes care of our 3 kids, and we are very, very happy.
> Our boys (2, 5 and 7) love and trust her.
> She is respectful of our values, and I am always amazed by how well she
> remembers our children's health history and connects them.
>
> A good thing to know: you don't have to pick one particular Pediatrician at
> HUHS (some hospitals want this information before a baby is born, but you
> may only write down "HUHS pediatrics" on the form). And if you pick one,
> you
> may change at any time.
>
> Good luck!
>
> 3/1/10 2:06 PMMichelle Formanmlf534 at mail.harvard.edu
>
> > Naomi Priver!!!
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Kristina Fontanez
> > <fontanez at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> >> Hello-
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any pediatrician recommendations for Harvard University
> >> Health Services?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Kristina
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >> Kristina Fontanez
> >> PhD candidate
> >> Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
> >> Cavanaugh lab
> >> Harvard University
> >> 16 Divinity Ave.
> >> Cambridge, MA 02138
> >>
> >> tel: 617-495-1138
> >> fax: 617-496-6933
> >> email: fontanez at fas.harvard.edu

Eun Ha Chang
Visiting Fellow
Harvard Yenching Institute
http://www.harvard-yenching.org
617 999 6370

"Enter to Grow in Wisdom"
"Depart to Serve Better Thy Country and Thy Kind"
                 ----Inscription on the outside and inside of the Dexter
Gate at Harvard (1901)