[Parentsgroup-list] Day care scholarship program ending

Rud, Debrah Shurman debrah_rud at student.hms.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:27:57 EST 2010

I received the scholarship for two consecutive years and basically I knew I had the scholarship before I officially signed the contract with the daycare center.  So I was on the waitlist, got the slot, applied for the scholarship (I had already filled out all the paperwork and it was ready to go before I got the slot) and told the center that I needed to have the scholarship answer before I could sign the contract and they gave me a few days to wait.  The scholarship office works closely with the Harvard centers, so I didn't have to pay my deposit until I got my scholarship funds, etc.  In general, I thought that this was a good program and feel strongly that it should be extended.