[Parentsgroup-list] childcare starting in August

Kristina Baehr kristina.baehr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:10:13 EDT 2010

Harvard Parents,

We had planned to enroll our little boy, Cooper, in daycare at the Bright
Horizons at the federal courthouse, where I will be clerking.  Because I
will be a federal employee, the director told me that Cooper would
definitely have a spot.   She just wrote and said that Cooper has been
bumped.  This is an anomalous year and siblings of Federal employees'
children already in the center have enrolled.  He does have a spot (if we
want it) 2 days a week in the infant room.

We are now looking for part-time (3 days) or full-time care for Cooper in
the fall.  He will be almost one year old.  I thought this might be a good
place to ask for advice.  Do any of you have a home-based care provider that
you love?  I have been calling around to Harvard-based daycares and have
struck out so far.  Other advice or counsel?  Recommendations for a
part-time nanny?  We have an open mind.

Thanks for your help!

Kristina & Evan Baehr (HBS '10)