[Parentsgroup-list] What comes after the car seat?

spsuch spsuch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 20:15:40 EDT 2010

No, once your son is too tall, the seat no longer fits him correctly
to offer the same protection (his head is too high, the shoulder
straps too low, etc.). The Graco Nautilus clearly has a higher height
limit. I don't remember off the top of my head what it is, but it is
clear from how the seat fits my daughter (who is 40.5 inches) that she
has plenty more time in it. Whereas the roundabout straps were in the
highest slot (when forward facing, the straps need to start above the
shoulders and come down rather than start below and go up and over as
with backward facing), I still have two or maybe even three slots left
to go on the Nautilus. Her head on the roundabout was quite near the
top, now it is completely surrounded by car seat and I still have more
settings to raise the headrest up higher.

HTH!

Sara