[Parentsgroup-list] Skiing families/parents?

Ian Stokes-Rees ijstokes at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Jan 24 21:29:52 EST 2010

My wife and I are looking for other Harvard parents who like to ski and
are held back by child care and the cost of on-mountain kids ski school
or child care.

We'd like to propose 2 ski days (weekends, but not necessarily
consecutive days), dates to be determined, where we'd go to some resort
within 2.5 hours of Boston and 3 of the 4 parents would ski while one
looked after 3-5 kids "creatively" at the base lodge or in the area of
the ski resort.  4 families with 2 parents looking after 5-8 kids would
probably also be possible.  Each parent would give up half a day of
skiing over the 2 days.  I'm sure we could figure out a way to
accommodate single parents as well, if any were interested.

If you are interested in this plan, please be in touch off list or give
me a call: 617.331.5993.

Ian