[Parentsgroup-list] Crimson Reporter Seeking Interviews

Susannah Rose rose at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 23 08:46:51 EST 2010

Dear Parents,
Clifford Marks, a senior at Harvard and a reporter for the Crimson, is
interested in writing another article about issues facing students parents in
GSAS. Here is one of his previous articles:
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2008/3/6/for-gsas-parents-a-baby-balancing/

Cliff is interested in talking to some GSAS student parents, and he asked me to
recommend some people. He stated that he is interested in finding-out more
about departmental attitudes toward having a child, stipend and insurance, and
childcare.

If anyone is interested in talking with him, please let me know. I figure that
he can only talk to a few people for his article, so I would like to identify
some people in a variety of circumstances in order to give him a wide-range of
perspectives. In particular, if anyone has experience talking with the media, I
would strongly encourage you to volunteer. If you are interested, please send me
the following information:
Name:
Department:
G-Status:
# Children, ages:
Briefly list 2-3 issues/concerns that you have faced as a Grad parents.

I think that this might be a good opportunity to continue to publicize some of
the issues facing GSAS student parents.

Additionally, I will create a short survey to send out to the group to gather
more information before I speak with Cliff later this week. I would like to get
input from the group on your perspectives on this issues. Be on the look-out for
the short survey.

Thank you,
Best, Susannah (GSAS Parents' Group Chair)

Susannah Rose, MS, MSW
PhD Candidate, Health Policy Program
Harvard University
rose at fas.harvard.edu