[Parentsgroup-list] Family health insurance advice

Elizabeth Muggah emuggah at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 11:37:34 EDT 2009

Hello parents,

Many of you kindly replied to an earlier email I sent out about public schools and so I thought I would request your generous advice on our next logistical issue, health insurance.

We are moving from Canada to Somerville in August and my husband and I will both be at Harvard for one year to complete Masters programs.

I am wondering what you might advise in terms of health insurance options. We are all healthy (knock on wood!), and don't have any special medical needs.

Would you recommend the Harvard University Health Services plan or a private plan? If the latter, which one might be best given we will just need it for one year.

Your advice is appreciated.
Cheers,

Liz