[Parentsgroup-list] Musical education for kids

Kira Petersen kpeters at fas.harvard.edu
Tue May 5 14:41:21 EDT 2009

my son (age 8 now, but started at age 6) has been taking guitar
lessons from a Harvard undergraduate student. Our experience has been
good and it seemed like a more affordable option than a professional
teacher.

The easiest way to get in touch with qualified and interested
students might be through the house email lists (I am a non-res at
one of the houses and that's how I made the contact) or the chamber
music programs in the houses....

best,
Kira

"A solitarist approach is, in general, a very efficient way of
misunderstanding nearly everyone in the world."
						Amartya Sen

Kira Petersen
Ph.D. Candidate,
Department of Government