[Parentsgroup-list] Re: alternative vaccine schedule

Ziva Mann ziva.mann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:21:57 EDT 2009

Karen makes a good point, folks.
There are a variety of reasons to choose a slower vaccination schedule,
among them medical ones, but there are also excellent reasons to consider
the standard schedule.

>From my perspective, setting the medical causes and data aside, I would not
pause over the number of injections.  It's been my experience that really,
really basic pain management can make injections and blood draws easy for
children. The nurses at CHA are not, unfortunately, practiced in offering
such help. So, my suggestion is that whichever vaccination schedule you
choose, consider doing a little reading on pain management for children and
babies.

Makes doctor visits infinitely easier! And even fun.

-Ziva